- The Leather boys & Co went for a run out the Isis Impoundment this morning and had a great session. Read More »
- Hi everyone, I'm going to give you a quick rundown on what to expect fishing this month. Read More »
- Fish Report – 28th November, 2013 Offshore fishing has been limited due to weather. Some of the inshore areas have produced some quality fish when weather permits. Read More »
- Fish Report – 19th November, 2013 Finally some much need rain has hit our area giving us a good soaking. Most of the area received around 50mm putting some localized Read More »
- Fish Report – 14th November, 2013 This week around the Bundaberg area we have some great weather with a lot of boats heading offshore. Read More »
- Fish Report – 8th November, 2013 Well, first things first for the Bundaberg fish report this week – the barramundi closure is now in place. Read More »
- Fish Report – 31st October, 2013 Around the Bundaberg area last weekend there was a small opportunity to head offshore. With the forecast, Read More »
- Fish Report – 24th October, 2013 We have certainly felt summer coming over this past week around the Bundaberg area, with some very hot days and pumping northerly winds to keep things dry. However, the fishing in our area has still been red hot with all systems firing. Baffle Creek has produced a red hot flathead bite. Best results have come by throwing soft plastics around the sand bars and trees around the mouth. A few barra and jacks have also been caught in the Baffle The Kolan River has seen a run of whiting and dart from around the mouth with some jack and barra also being caught in the upper reaches of the river The Burnett River has been the hot favourite – bream, whiting and flathead have all been popular targets. The Burnett still has a run of salmon, both blue and king. Some of the deeper holes have produced some big jacks and big grunter. The Elliott River has plenty of flathead and whiting around the mouth and plenty of jacks and barra up the creek. Please be aware of the barramundi closure that is coming up. This includes all saltwater rivers and creeks, as well as the freshwater Burnett and upper Kolan rivers. The closure is from midday on the 1st November to midday on the 1st February. Barra barra are still able to be caught in Lake Monduran during this time as the dam is part of the Stocked Impoundment Permit Scheme. Monduran barra are on the go at the moment! Barra up to 80cm have been caught regularly with the backs of the bays producing the best barra bites. Jackall Squirrels and LuckyCraft Pointers have been hot favourite lures. [caption id="attachment_6416" align="alignnone" width="750"] Shane from staff has also been sneaking out into the rivers with some great results.[/caption] [caption id="attachment_6417" align="alignnone" width="750"] Quick measure up & back to the water[/caption] [caption id="attachment_6418" align="alignnone" width="750"] A solid river barra taken by Mick on a Mayan lure.[/caption] Till next time, Tim Mulhall. Read More »
- WEEKEND WINNERS Saturday Winners List Longest Barramundi Senior – Alex Turner (84.5cm) Longest Barramundi Junior – Tom Dexter (68cm) Read More »
- Fish Report – 17th October, 2013 The past week has seen some very ordinary weather for offshore fishing around the Bundaberg area. The strong northerlies are never Read More »
- Monduran Family Fishing Classic - on this weekend (19th & 20th October 2013. $1,000 cash for the longest overall legal barra (senior), $500 cash for the heaviest overall australian bass (senior), $500 cash for the heaviest overall catfish (senior), PLUS boat, motor & trailer package worth $8,500 (major senior lucky draw) and lots of other lucky draws and daily prizes. You can pay your nomination fee at Tackle World Bundaberg until close of business Wednesday (16th Oct). All the info is on the MASA website at http://masa-fishstocking.org.au/2013-win-television-family-fishing-classic/ Read More »
[caption id="attachment_6068" align="alignnone" width="750"] Damo from QBA with a very nice submission to the Queenslands Best Angler online comp. This was taken yesterday while battling the winds in his Hobie kayak.[/caption] Now that the first of the two Coral Reef Fin Fish closures has ended, and the weather forecast for the weekend is shaping up to be quite Read More »
- TIM MULHALL 12 (Other) 8585mm 8585 points LAST YEAR 12 Barra 6835mm 8870 points Read More »
- Fish Report – 24th September, 2013 With the weather forecast not looking too bad for this weekend, I suggest a good place to try to catch a fish might be to the upper reaches of the Burnett River, targeting king salmon and jewfish on livebait. If you can throw a cast net, go down and get some fresh bait, keep them alive and then sit under the bridges either early morning or late afternoon/evening. When most boat traffic has gone for the day is when your big predatory fish will come out and hunt. Having a poddy mullet will certainly get some exciting runs and hopefully a kingy or jewy. If you want to walk the sand flats and target some flathead and whiting then I will direct you to Skyringville just out off Burnett heads. This place on a run-out tide has plenty of sticks, snags – you name it – where you can hook up some quality fish. Some of the biggest flathead can be found in the shallows. Try twitching some of your favourite soft plastics to entice a flathead out and hang on! Good catches of whiting are being caught up there as well – just your humble prawn will do the trick. Now that the water is finally warming up target those fast fighting mangrove jack in your estuary systems. Live baits or good suspending lures in gold or vibrant colours should do the trick. Barra are definitely on at Lake Monduran, with good reports of metre-plus being taken on a variety of diving lures. Get in close to those sticks and snags – that’s where the barra will be. Don’t forget, the first of the Coral Reef Finfish Closures will go from the 2nd to the 6th of October. This means that you cannot target any of the coral species. You can still target pelagics such as tuna, any of the mackerel species and snapper, so you can still go and fish the estuaries. The 2nd closure will be from the 31st October to 4th November. Till next time, [caption id="attachment_5754" align="alignnone" width="750"] 128cm 22kg[/caption] [caption id="attachment_5755" align="alignnone" width="750"] Phillip Price caught this 50cm beauty last night at Burnett Heads.[/caption] [caption id="attachment_5756" align="alignnone" width="750"] A nice big 100cm girl caught this arve on live bait[/caption] Read More »
Fish Report – 12th September, 2013
Well, once again the Bundaberg area has had a week of reasonable weather. A 10-knot forecast for most of this week saw a lot of big boats head well offshore.
The shelf fished well with some great catches of pearl perch, job fish, big parrot and some big snapper. The 40-50 metre areas produced some great red emperor with most reds averaging twelve kilos and most of the red were caught on large flesh baits.
Some of the other areas such as the Heralds and Warregoes produced some good red throat sweetlip and coral trout and the usual mix off hussar, stripeys and parrot.
The gutters produced some good fish as well such as grass sweetlip, parrot and some big trout.
The inshore reefs such as the Two Mile and the Cochrane Artificial have been patchy but those putting in the time and effort have caught some snapper and even some cobia.
The rocky coastline has produced some school mackerel mainly on the high tides when the water is at it’s cleanest.
The local rivers are still fishing well with whiting being the most talked-about species. Yabbies, worms and peeled prawns fished on the first of the run-in tide has been the trick for the whiting.
There are still plenty of big bream flathead and an occasional salmon still getting about. Some jacks have started to turn up as the weather has warmed up and the will only get better over the next month or so.
LakeMonduran is starting to turn it on with some great catches of barra being caught with up to ten barra caught in a session. Most of the bays have barra in them. Small suspending hard body lures such as LuckyCraft Pointers and Jackall Squirrels have been the hot favourite lures for Monduran barras. Again, the barra bite will only get better as things warm up.
Till next time,[caption id="attachment_5488" align="alignnone" width="750"] Staff member Hayden nailed some great whiting over the last few days trying out some of the new Strada surface lures.[/caption] [caption id="attachment_5489" align="alignnone" width="750"] Another Hayden-caught whiting on a soft plastic[/caption] [caption id="attachment_5490" align="alignnone" width="750"]Read More »
Not to be out done, another member of our Staff, Lachlan, getting into some quality flathead. This one went 73cm.[/caption]
Fish Report – 30th August, 2013Well, give the freshwater scene a miss this week – it’s salt water all the way around Read More »
Fish Report – 14th August, 2013It’s all systems go for estuary fishing around Bundaberg this weekend. Read More »
Fish Report – 8th August, 2013Well, the past week has almost been perfect weather around the Bundaberg area, Read More »
Fish Report – 2nd August, 2013
The past week has seen some rough weather Read More »
Fish Report – 25th July, 2013
With the onset of colder mornings and freshening south-easterly winds around the Bundabergb area, Read More »
This is a MUST do for all coaches parents and sportspeople
Strength and conditioning should form an integral part Read More »
Fish Report – 18th July, 2013
The offshore fishing around Bundaberg has been non-existent this past week due to bad weather, and it doesn’t look like letting up anytime soon. Read More »
Fish Report – 11th July, 2013
Well, the weather around the Bundaberg area has been very ordinary for offshore fishing with a 25 knot forecast almost all week. Read More »
Fish Report – 4th July 2013
This week the weather around the Bundaberg area has been a bit too ordinary to head offshore Read More »
Fish Report – 27th June 2013
Last weekend saw some fantastic fish caught in the annual VMR Family Fishing Classic at Burnett Heads. Read More »
The past week has seen some ups and downs in the weather around Bundaberg Read More »
- There was a small window of opportunity to head offshore from bundaberg this week, and a few anglers did manage to catch a few fish, including trout, sweetlip and hussar Read More »
- Fish Report – 3rd January 2013 Happy New Year to all from the team at Tackle World Bundaberg. Read More »
- Fish Report – 14th December 2012 Well, the weeks have flown by and Christmas is just around the corner. I hope you’ve all been good – maybe Santa will leave some new fishing gear under the tree for you! Read More »
- Whiting on Top Water Lures Catching Whiting on surface pencils is one of the most visually exciting and adrenalin pumping pass times to hit our estuaries in years, I would like to give you a few basics on how to get started. Read More »
- Fish Report – 22nd November 2012 Well, the fish are still on the chew around the Bundaberg area with most systems producing some great fishing. Read More »
- Fish Report – 8th November, 2012 The weather sure is warming up around the Bundaberg region, and some of the summer species are well and truly on the chew. Read More »
- Fish Report – 1st November, 2012 Read More »
Fish Report – 4th October 2012
The fishing has been a bit quiet offshore around Bundaberg, due to lousy weather conditions, so most of the big boats have been tucked away in their sheds. Read More »
Fish Report – 27th September 2012
A few storms in the Bundaberg area early in the week put a bit of a local run-off into the rivers and creeks, but it hasn’t upset the fishing with most systems fishing well Read More »
Fish Report – 6th September 2012
With spring now upon us we should start to get some warmer days AROUND THE Read More »
- Even though the recent rains sent some more fresh down the local creeks and rivers, the fishing has still been great. Offshore fishing has been limited to one day here and two Read More »
- The past few days around the Bundaberg area has seen some reasonable weather, so a lot of the larger boats ventured out to the offshore reefs. Read More »
- What an excellent spell of weather we have had around the Bundaberg area this week. With the winds primarily from the south-east, we should be looking at around 10-15 Read More »
- Well, we have seen some nice fish caught around the Bundaberg area over Easter. We had near-perfect weather, with the offshore grounds producing some excellent catches Read More »